Monday, January 17, 2011

45 minutes to go

Well, for the 1st time since I started this blogging challenge, I actually almost forgot a day. My fabulous procrastination habit is to blame. However, it's only 11:15 West Coast time...so I am still technically in day 17 and still doing just fine on my challenge. So there :)

Today was family day...just lounging and playing w/ and focusing on Aaron. It's important that we have these times where everything can just be 100% about him. So we played games, did some baseball and took him to a sporting goods store called "Scheel's" it has a giant Ferris Wheel inside, a couple spots with simulated games, hunting, and racecar driving. It was all fun and games as they, say until Aaron decided to spend his gift card and use some of his Birthday and Christmas money and BOUGHT HIMSELF AN AUBURN TIGERS HAT! No, I am not kidding! As if that was not soul crushing enough, he selects an "Auburn Tigers National Champions" shirt. I am raising him wrong. it was a small victory though, because he was pretty dead-set on a Florida Gators hat. Which I wouldn't be able to tolerate. I gave into the Dallas Cowboys hat for Christmas...what more do you want from me? :p

4 comments:

  1. Okay, all the "I Love You's" in the world can't make up for what you just did. You're his mom. You're supposed to guide and mold and occasionally bring down the hammer. Auburn is one of the seven deadly sins. I consider myself... disappointed. I'm going to need to see some laps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL yes it is a deadly sin and i'm raising him to think for himself and have his own interests, blah blah blah. How stupid of me :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tell him if he wants to be allowed to think for himself, he has to be smarter and show better judgment then to buy Auburn. That's not thinking. That's unforgivable.

    ReplyDelete