Tuesday, January 18, 2011

True TV Love

OK, going off the cuff once again for a bit of a review and a vent or rant or however you'd like to qualify it.

I don't usually watch Basic Cable reality shows (Survivor, Bachelor/ette, Big Brother, etc) ...I stick with Bravo and Vh1, thank you very much ;)

That being said, I decided to watch it this year because: A. I have nothing else to watch on Mondays and B. I wanted to see how this pans out w/ Brad Womack's 2nd try. Also...never watched this show from the beginning before and I was curious how it all works...cocktail party, group dates, etc. I only ever watched like the final 2-3 episodes before.

One thing keeps nagging at me...I'm a romantic underneath all my snarky sass-itude. I believe in Soul Mates, Love @ 1st sight...all that stuff. What I'm unsure of is HOW did these girls know they would fall for him. They're fighting for him from the 1st night. What if a couple weeks in they aren't feeling it...do they just stay anyway? I just have a hard time buying that the one you're SUPPOSED to be with and are meant for is a contestant on a dating game show. It's just too weird for me, and almost impossible to get past so far.  The same question goes to him also...I don't understand how he can fall in love with and stay FOREVER with a person he met on a love competition show. What if, like last time, he's not feeling it for ANY of these women? Then what? He's lambasted and treated like a leper again? Probably.

So, I'm thinking he will for sure pick one this go 'round but, I'm worried it won't last b/c he was pressured or she was.

I know this is totally original and shocking...someone is doubting the authenticity of a "reality" show :p I guess my point is...what IS the point? None of it seems sincere.

On another note...I'm glad the Vampire Girl is gone, Emily is my favorite and Michelle is a nutjob. See ya :)

No comments:

Post a Comment