Friday, January 7, 2011

Superheroes and Inspiration...

Day 7 of 31 :) Not going into the explanation anymore...figure the one's reading know what's up by now...and new readers can read back a few posts and figure it out ;)

Today's topics:
Favorite superhero and why: it's a tie...Spiderman and Mighty Mouse. Siderman b/c he's just a regular guy trying to get rid of the bad guy and avenge his Uncle's death. Also...I'm a sucker for a guy w/ a sad story :)

And, Mighty Mouse b/c LOOK at him! Cutest, chubbiest little guy in spandex and a cape, ever!

And whenever I see a smoke trail in the sky from a jet, I ALWAYS, still to this day sing to myself :
"Here I come to save the day...!"




2nd topic is:
A picture of someone/something that has the biggest impact on you: This also has 2 answers. One is ridiculously obvious, and one might surprise a cpl of you.
My favorite 2 boys in the world. I can easily say they both saved my life, in different ways and at different times. (This pic was taken Christmas night, 2010. My wonderful sister Mandie was there also).

And:

Friend from work gave me this book 2 years ago. It has changed my thinking in many ways. As spazzy as I am, I think learning about and bracing many parts of Buddhism has actually taken the edge off a bit. It was in this book that I learned you CAN be a Buddhist and believe in God. There is a way to blend both. I was happy to learn that :)

2 comments:

  1. I believe that we get to choose our own God.. the one that best fits us and that we understand.. So blending makes perfect sense because its what works for you..

    P.S. No need to abbreviate things like "b/c" or "w/" in your writing. Are you saving space? Write out the words. It will have more impact for your readers. Just my two cents.

    P.S.S I LOVE MIGHTY MOUSE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree...I have always thought we pick and choose and customize what worked best for our needs and beliefs. I just always thought Buddhism was strictly about Buddha...that is who you worshipped, end of story. I was pleased to find I was wrong :)

    I didn't even notice I was abbreviating. I just do it out of habit. I write and email/text so much each day, I think I'm doing it as a time saver lol. I tried to be aware of it in today's post :)

    ReplyDelete