Friday, January 21, 2011

Happy Day

Today is my Mom's 61st Birthday :) Or as she says, the 29th anniversary of her 32nd  Birthday...however you'd like to look at it :p Loaded her up on books...fabulous sale @ Barnes & Noble, I got her 7 hardcovers at about 60% off. She's a HUGE fan of the Kennedy family...I got her a book detailing the alleged love affair between Jackie and Bobby. Not too sure how she'll feel about that one, lol. Also got her Kindle replaced (unfortunate water accident) and bought her a snazzy cover for it...hoping this makes it a little less slippery. Kindle booklight and an Amazon giftcard and I'd say she's set on reading material for a bit :p Taking her to our fave Chinese joint a little later.

Speaking of reading...while @ Barnes & Noble today, I made my wish list and gave it to Nick (My bday is in Feb)...and I've changed my reading plans, a little. After "Kite Runner" which I'm currently reading, I'm going to start "A Thousand Splendid Suns" by the same author. Well...I think I am. I have to see how this one ends...it could potentially ruin me, and I'll need to escape to some nice, fluffy chick-lit, first.

Off to fetch the boy and began the Birthday festivities :)

No comments:

Post a Comment