Monday, January 3, 2011

Keep on truckin'

Here we are, Day 3 of my "Blog everyday in January" challenge with myself. I am now finding myself thinking of things during the day I want to ask, or share here...I might be gaining a little momentum...or cultivating another unhealthy obsession  We shall see how this plays out ;)

2 things I wanted to cover today:

First one is that I introduced my soon-to-be 61 yr old father to Pandora. This may seem like no biggie to you guys...but, for those who know the story of my Dad and all he has been through and overcome in the last year-plus...this is major, and exciting and downright adorable. My dad is a music lover who has put that interest on the back burner for many yrs mainly, *I* think b/c my Mom didn't share the interest and thought it was frivolous. A bit of back story: My dad suffered a pretty major stroke in September 2009 while undergoing surgery for an Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm. That part of the surgery went seamlessly...he unfortunately suffered the stroke during or immediately after surgery due to oxygen deprivation and a "bleed out" from a stitch not being tight enough, or maybe not being there at all. We just don't know. SO, for my dad to be able to log in and listen to Journey, Kenny Loggins,Survivor, Van Halen, Hall & Oates, etc whenever he wants is a huge source of happiness for him, and for those who love him.

Second thing is this: Apparently I didn't invent the "blog everyday for a month" idea. Phooey. I did however, find some topic ideas I am going to try out. Not going to do all of them b/c I do not know how to upload pics on here, yet (pitiful). SO I'll do all the non-photo ones in the meantime. And I will start tomorrow b/c this post is long enough. Thank you for reading :)

3 comments:

  1. You are on a streak now day 3 look at you go. I can show you how to do upload pictures if you want. And I will help you with the background very soon. Got your email....haven't had a chance to write back yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, i'd love to know how to do pictures! And thank you for helping :) I totally understand busy...look how long it took me to respond to that email in the 1st place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep going girl! Awesome about your dad too. =)

    ReplyDelete