Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Bachelor rant pt 2

OK, I know I've mentioned this before either on Twitter, Facebook or both. How on reality shows...competition or otherwise, all of a sudden, the participant finds themselves face to face with one of their biggest fears. It's always slightly annoying and to me, 100 percent transparent. On the Bachelor...maybe last week(?) I noticed it 2 times..once was with one of the Ashleys when Brad took her to a recording studio and they sang "Kiss From A Rose" by Seal...which made her burst into tears because that song reminds her of her father who passed away...I was instantly annoyed b/c I KNEW she told this to the show preppers and/or Producers. Totally exploited. Then, it gets worse when Seal actually shows up to sing to them..gag.

That was nothing compared to how outraged I was when after we heard how Emily's fiance died in a private plane heading to a racetrack, Brad takes Emily on a SMALL PLANE to their date destination. I was floored. Brad didn't know yet, about her sad story...but, the PRODUCERS did.

And tonight went along smoothly enough...a fear of water was exploited, as was a fear of heights...no big. What really is pissing me off are the clips to next week's show that shows Brad taking his group date ladies, including our sweet Emily who is by far my favorite, to a....wait for it....wait.for.it....FREAKING RACETRACK TO DRIVE CARS!!!! I swear to God, I think she should sue for trauma.

Maybe they just cut the previews that way to "appear" as though they were all racing, she was crying, etc. But, I am 99 percent sure she was in one of those flame-retardant jump suits that race car drivers wear. I want to throttle someone.

OK, vent over. I feel better :)

No comments:

Post a Comment