Sunday, January 2, 2011

Well, I'll be damned..

Look who's writing in this here bloggy thing for the 2nd day in a row :) I deserve a self-high five for that. Done.

OK, where to begin...my head's always all over the place..so I guess it makes a lot of sense that my blog would follow suit. Today I am covering 2 things...Food and sports.

Lastnight I made crock-pot lasagna. My best friend who adores and worships all things Oprah, told me that Jerry Seinfeld's wife was on the Oprah show and is such a cooking genius, she invented something called a crock-pot lasagna. I am a fan of the crock-pot and also of the lasagna but, NOT a fan of anything Seinfeld-related..so I explored. I googled the recipe and it was a basic, run-of-the-mill veggie lasagna. Snooze. SO, my little brain decided to use my tried and true lasagna recipe and throw it in the fricken crock-pot. It was delicious, and now *I* am a genius.

So, today was an abysmal day in College Football. Unless you are a fan of all the teams I hate. I knew the streak couldn't last 2 days in a row. Friday the 31st brought us wins from all the Florida teams I care about...USF, UCF, and FSU. ALL I asked of Jan 1st was a Gator loss. I guess the unfortunate part was that they were playing Penn state. I should have seen this coming. Then, poor Nick...his beloved Wisconsin Badgers lost to TCU by 2 sad, little points. So now we focus and stay positive for 2 final games I care about...Nevada Vs. Boston College on Jan. 9th. Should be an easy WolfPack win...and....The nasty Auburn Tigers vs. The Fabulous and Unflappable Oregon Ducks on Jan. 10th. Send the positive vibes kids...An Oregon win is all I want for my birthday this yr. Well, that's a lie...but, it will make me happy :)

7 comments:

  1. How do you ban people from this damn thing!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think you can ban people from your blogger. You can moderate your comments though, and approve only the ones you want showing up =).

    Awesome post. I am not a huge sports fan, don't follow any team. I look forward to seeing what things you write about each day. Keep 'em comin'!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lou Ann...it was so easy and awesome..didn't even have to get the noodles perfect and aligned. Just make sure to spray the bottom and sides w/ cooking spray!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You wouldn't ban me? Your readership would drop by, like, 50%! :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha Josh, I just saw this...hush!

    ReplyDelete