Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Time has come...

It's official.
 I am now the kind of person who can't watch the news anymore. First five minutes we have vandals shooting car windows out, random shooting resulting in death...I just can't handle it anymore. I know we need to be informed but, honestly...starting off with a little fluff piece now and again would REALLY be OK with me. REALLY. Real life is tough enough without starting out the evening news w/ all the negative attention-grabbing crap going on out there. Feeling a little stressed and overwhelmed today and honestly, I didn't want to hear about more sadness and devastation.

In OTHER news...
I have a new favorite drink. Mostly just because of how cute it is and it comes with it's own straw!
 Win!
It's not just a drink...it's an accessory :)

2 comments:

  1. I am going to try Robby Gordon's new Speed Energy drink when they get them in stock here locally.

    After working in media for awhile I came to the conclusion "the news" is truncated much like TV is an abbreviation for "television." "The news'" full name is "the bad news." I'm politically opinionated and interested in knowing what's going on around me but I've found I tolerate worse now. I don't know if it's age, wisdom, the times we live in, or what. Something has changed and I can't stomach it. If I see a headline involving a kid, you can bet your ass I'm not reading the story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I 100 percent agree and same here. They lead w/ the most salacious crap they can get their hands on. And in my mind I can see them behind the scenes, getting so excited, like "OHH the step-dad molested her THEN stabbed her 5 times..this is GOLD!" I know that shit happens.

    Robby Gordon needs a weight loss drink, not an energy one :p Didn't know he had one, actually. Is it only for y'all Southern folk?

    ReplyDelete