Saturday, January 22, 2011

Happy Birthday to...who?

Well, this post posted weirdly from my phone. And by "weirdly" I mean it just posted as a bunch of dashes lol. I can't remember what I said...I do remember I vented some about how extravagant and ridiculous bday parties for kids are now. I'm guilty of it as well. But, what happened to the good old days of having birthday parties at our HOMES? When did we start having to rent out places instead of just going as a group to one? When did spending $500-$1000 on a bday party become "normal"? This isn't counting the money spent of gifts. The goodie bag we got yesterday had easily %50 worth of stuff in it. It's nice and Aaron was stoked...it's just pointless, in my opinion. Especially since I know this single Mom put herself in a bit of debt paying for this party.

I don't know...maybe I'm old-fashioned, or a hater :p Don't get me wrong, I have gone all out to ridiculous lengths for my kid's birthday...but, not to the point that I couldn't afford it. it seems each party we go to is bigger and more pricey than the one before. I get the distinct impression these parties are for the parents to show off, more than for the child celebrating their birthday...


No comments:

Post a Comment